Moving Abroad

Printer-friendly versionPrinter-friendly version

SuitcaseMerseyside Pension Fund currently pays benefits to over 400 pensioners who live outside the U.K.

If you move abroad, payment of your local government pension will be processed in the normal way and be converted into the local currency, thus avoiding foreign exchange costs. Any account at a bank or financial institution that accepts direct deposit payments can receive pension payments.

The account must be in the name of the beneficiary or in the joint names of the beneficiary and his or her spouse. There is a charge for using this system, currently £2.74p per payment made.

If you live abroad and are still paid by cheque, you may wish to consider using the direct deposit system instead.

If so, please contact the Fund on 0151 242 1394 and we will send further details to you.