Who can help me if I have a query or complaint?

Printer-friendly versionPrinter-friendly version
If you are not satisfied with any decision affecting you made in relation to the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS), you have the right to ask for it to be looked at again under the formal complaint procedure.
Any complaint you make will be treated seriously and considered thoroughly and fairly. You can ask someone to take your complaint forward on your behalf. This could be, for instance, a trade union official, welfare officer, your spouse or partner, or a friend.

How to make a complaint

You can make a verbal complaint, either over the telephone or at our public reception desk, or alternatively by email: mpfadmin@wirral.gov.uk
Your complaint will be formally acknowledged and logged on the Complaints and Compliments Register within 3 working days of receipt. The acknowledgement will confirm who is dealing with your complaint and when you can expect a written response, a link to Merseyside Pension Fund's Complaints Policy will also be included.
In many cases, a complaint is best resolved by the pension officer who provided the pension information or benefit entitlement to the member or beneficiary, in the first instance.
If your initial complaint has not been resolved within 7 working days of receipt, a Service Area Manager will investigate and take appropriate action within 14 working days of your initial complaint.
For employer-related complaints, these will generally be actioned by the appropriate Service Area Manager within 14 working days of receipt.
Important Documents
 Merseyside Pension Fund Complaints Policy (February 2022, PDF, 9 pages, 345kb)
 Internal Dispute Resolution Procedure - Guide for Members (March 2021, PDF, 15 pages, 418kb)