Survivor's pension payable to your eligible cohabiting partner
For membership built up from 1 April 2014 to your date of death the pension payable is equal to:
- 1/160th of your pensionable pay (or assumed pensionable pay where applicable) times the period of your membership in the Scheme after 31 March 2014, plus
- 49/160ths of the amount of any pension credited to your pension account following a transfer of pension rights into the Scheme from another pension scheme or arrangement, plus
- 1/160th of your assumed pensionable pay each year of membership you would have built up from your date of death to your Normal Pension Age.
For membership built up before 1 April 2014 the pension payable is equal to:
- 1/160th of your final pay times the period of your membership in the Scheme after 5 April 1988 up to 31 March 2014, plus
- Membership before 6 April 1988 for which you have paid additional contributions so that it counts towards an eligible cohabiting partner's pension.
For a cohabiting partner to be entitled to receive a survivor’s pension your relationship has to meet certain conditions laid down by the LGPS.