Stage 1 of the Appeals process

Printer-friendly versionPrinter-friendly version
In the first instance you must write to the adjudicator appointed by the body who made the decision about which you wish to appeal.
If this is your former LGPS employer, your former employer's Pension Liaison Officer, usually located in the Finance Department, will advise you who to write to.
If the complaint is against the Fund, please write to:
The Nominated Person,
Merseyside Pension Fund,
Castle Chambers,
43 Castle Street,
L2 9SH
You must do this within six months of the date of the notification of the decision or the act or omission about which you are complaining (or such longer period as the adjudicator considers reasonable).
This is a formal review of the initial decision or act or omission and is an opportunity for the matter to be reconsidered. The adjudicator will consider your complaint and notify you of his or her decision.