How do I request a transfer?

Printer-friendly versionPrinter-friendly version
To request a transfer of previous pension rights into the LGPS, please complete and return a membership form to the following address:
Merseyside Pension Fund,
Castle Chambers,
43 Castle Street,
L2 9SH
Please download and complete the 'Transfer of Pension Rights - Authority Declaration Form' shown below, for every Pension you have listed in Section 3 of your Membership Form.
You only have 12 months from joining the LGPS to opt to transfer your previous pension rights, unless your employer and, in the case of a transfer from a non-LGPS scheme, the Fund allows you longer.

I’ve lost touch with my previous pension provider. Who can help?

You may have lost touch with your former pension schemes but, if you have, don’t worry as the Pension Tracing Service can help. It holds details of almost 200,000 UK pension schemes and provides a tracing service free of charge.
You can contact them at:
The Pension Tracing Service
The Pension Service 9
Mail Handling Site A
WV98 1LU
Telephone: 0800 731 0193                      
Also, don’t forget to keep your pension providers up to date with any change in your home address.