Activating your MyPension Account without an Activation Key
If you have previously activated your MyPension account but subsequently re-register by completing the 'MyPension Activation Request' webform, you will receive an activation email at your 'Personal Email Address' rather than an Activation Key.
The email will be appear in your email inbox from 'MPF MyPension' entitled, 'Merseyside Pension Fund - Step 2 Activate your MyPension Account'.
When you open this email you will see information about how to complete Step 2 of this process.
Please go to https://mypension.wirral.gov.uk/altairMSSWeb/login?actionOutcome=signUp and type the correct information in the following fields:
- National Insurance Number (Your National Insurance Number must be formatted correctly - two prefix letters, six digits, and one suffix letter. For Example: AB123456C. Please do NOT input empty spaces between each character typed).
- Date of Birth (Your Date of Birth must be formatted correctly – DD/MM/YYYY. Please do NOT input empty spaces between each character typed).
- E-mail Address (Your E-mail Address must be formatted correctly and match the one you typed and re-entered on your ‘MyPension Activation Request’).
- Please then click, ‘Submit’
If any of these personal details are input incorrectly, incorrectly formatted or don’t match those held on your pension record, you will see an error message on screen and you must complete each field again before attempting to submit.
When you submit this information correctly, you will:
- Be re-directed to the page https://mypension.wirral.gov.uk/altairMSSWeb/login and
- Immediately receive an email in your email inbox titled, 'MyPension Activation Request - Merseyside Pension Fund'.
When you click the link in the second paragraph of this email, you will be taken to the 'Registration' screen:
On this final screen, you must create a 'Username' and 'Password'. You will also be prompted to create a 'Password Hint'. This hint will be used to help you remember your password should you forget it in the future.
You must also select two Security Questions and complete their answers. These will form part of your subsequent login to MyPension.
Click 'Register' to complete your registration. This completes the activation and registration process for MyPension.
You should now be able to login to MyPension using the Username, Password and Security Questions which you have just created.