What happens if I have to retire early due to ill health?

Printer-friendly versionPrinter-friendly version
If you have at least three months' total membership and an approved independent registered medical practitioner certifies that you have become permanently unable (until your 65th birthday) to perform the duties of your office efficiently because of ill health or infirmity of mind or body, you will receive your pension and lump sum immediately.
The medical practitioner must be qualified in occupational health medicine and must not have previously been involved in your case.